- The tours are private, just for you, and include transport from/to hotel, a courteous professional English speaking guide, with the flexibility to change the itinerary/ hours upon request (depends on tour characteristics), free & personal tours planning consultancy.
- I can arrange and attend kosher catering for groups.
- The starting point of the tours is usually Panama City but can be somewhere else upon request (Airport/ Cruise-Ship port/Beach Resort etc.). All tours include transport from/to the hotel.
- Noted prices are for a couple (2 people), For a bigger group – please inform number of people + ages for a quote.
- English/ Spanish speaking guide.
- I always recommend bringing a personal water bottle, walking shoes & a hat.
- Tour fee includes all tour expenses and third party costs unless detailed otherwise in the tour description. Tour fee does not include lunch. We can stop at a local restaurant. There are many kosher restaurants in the city.
- Tours end at mid-late afternoon hours (depends on tour).
- For a bigger group we will have a van, a minibus or a bus with a driver.
- From December to February and on holidays there might be an option for a discounted joint (Shared, Jewish, US) tours, excellent prices! – let me know if you are interested.
- Discounts for groups and big families
- I can recommend KOSHER takeaway options to the trip, SHEVET AHIM certification catering, Chalavi or Parve, Chalav Stam or Chalav Israel.
Alon Levi – Professional Tours provider in Panama.
US number (local call cost) for free tour advice and planning. Call from 3AM to 3PM only – N.Y. time.
1. City Tour – The best of the city and the canal
It is the best tour to get to know the Canal and the city, the fascinating history of Panama, the iconic places of the city and some hidden lovely spots.
The Panama canal – one of the world’s biggest engineering projects, impressive to see, a must-do in your visit to Panama, on this tour we will discover the beauty and wonder that can be found in this lovely spot on earth called Panama City, its mosaic of contrasts between old colonial and super modern, rich and poor, concrete and bursting greenery, we will try local food and hear about its daily life and its surprising history which is an important part of the history of this continent.
– Hotel pic-up at 7:45am
– Panama Canal Miraflores visitor center
– We will cross the canal on the Bridge of las Americas
– Causeway promenade & Islands (Calzada de Amador)
– The Biodiversity museum’s beautiful botanic garden
– The old city (Casco Antiguo) walking tour
* Duration of the tour: 7 to 8 hours
* Tour itinerary is flexible, for any special request or questions feel free to send me a message.
* Price include transport+guiding+entry to sites
* Tour price does not include Lunch, we will stop at a good restaurant for lunch.
* Feel free to send me a message with any question or request for a new quotation if you are a group that requires a bigger vehicle.
Price for 2 people: 260 USD
2. Soberania N.P. Canal Jungle Boat, Monkey Island and a Jungle walk.
Hotel Pic up at 07:30 am, driving to Soberania National Park, the boat will wait for us on the Chagres river, The tour includes: wildlife & several monkey species sightseeing (binoculars included) in the N.P. Jungle lagoons, cruise on the canal of Panama next to the giant ships then we will continue driving to the pipeline trail crossing the Jungle and have a nice walk looking for exotic animals and birds.
On this tour I will bring an extra binocular for the clients and my professional spotting scope for wildlife observation, we can look for Toucans, Parrots, etc.
Price for 2 people: 280 USD
Optional added activities on this tour (with additional cost):
- Visit the Rain Forest Discovery center – a nearby rain forest area with comfortable hiking trails and a 40 meter canopy observation tower, Several stunning hummingbird species could be seen in the feeders, the area is excellent for birdwatchers and nature lovers ($20 per person).
- Fishing from the boat in the flooded Jungle lagoons, includes fishing gear and bait, its easy catching fish there, Peacock Bass are abundant.
3. Zip Line above lake Gatun
Hotel pic up at 8 am, drive to one of the best and longest Zip-Line courses in Panama on the shore of Gatun lake, 2.5 Kilometer, All double – lined (provides extra safety), includes five lines, 750 meter long cable above the water of Gatun lake, high safety standards, quality equipment, prior briefing and excellent zip-line guides.
Pice does not include Zipline activity – $50 per person paid in site.
Tour length (Basic version – just zipline): 4 hours.
Included: Transport from/to hotel, English speaking guide will translate zipline briefing.
- Can add other sites in the area described in Tour#6 with extra cost.
Price for 2 people: 220 USD
4. Portobelo, Caribbean beaches, Coral Reef snorkeling and Colonial Forts on the Caribbean Shore of Panama
Hotel pic up at 7:30 – 8 am (the earlier the better) drive to the Caribbean side of Panama, to the picturesque town of Portobelo, Snorkel & mask can be hired there – not included in tour price, $7 per person. The boat will cross Portobelo bay and take you to a private sandy beach surrounded by jungle where you can practice the Snorkel gear, from there you can continue to a spectacular reef and watch the colorful fish or continue with the boat to see other hidden beaches along the coastline (extra pay to the captain for this further exploration) then back to Portobelo.
Portobelo – Christopher Columbus gave this bay its name as he admired its beauty in his last voyage to America back in 1502, in Portobelo town we can visit the old custom house and its museum as well as San Geronimo colonial Fort – a UNESCO world heritage site, the tour ends at about 3:30pm.
Price for 2 people: 280 USD
5. Anton Valley
A charming mountain town surrounded by nature and waterfalls.
Hotel pic-up at 8 am, we will leave the city and drive west along the Pacific shore then climb the mountains of Cocle up to 800 meters above sea level to the lovely town of El Valle, there we will visit beautiful jungle pools and waterfall, ancient pre-Colombian petroglyphs, the local colorful market and (one of the following options) the El-Nispero Zoo/ Rare orchids farm/ The square trees forest walk/ Hot springs.
Price for 2 people: 280 USD
- For good walkers, a 4 hours hike through the forest to the top of the sleeping Indian woman ridge, rewarded by the spectacular views of the valley from the hill top.
- Exotic butterflies house ($7 per person)
- Horse Tours $40/$50 per person.
6. Caribbean Charm, Train ride, San-Lorenzo Fort and canal expansion project
Hotel pic up at 06:30 am, train ride to colon (Train ride is optional + 50 USD) crossing the isthmus of Panama ( Mon-Fri only), with spectacular views of the canal and the Jungle on the way, then I will pic-you up in colon train station, continue to the canal Agua Clara visitor center to watch the giant ships in the new locks and learn about the colossal construction project of the canal Expansion, then continue through the jungle to San-Lorenzo ancient fort on a hill on the shore of the Caribbean, a historic place on the edge of the jungle that saw many pirates attacks, on the way back we will visit the Gatun Dam, then back to the city.
Price for 2 people: 280 USD
7. Embera village visit
The Embera tribe is one of seven native tribes that still exist in Panama.
Hotel pic-up at 7:30 am, The village is located about an hour drive from the city on the bank of a lagoon in the jungle, and the only access is by boat, the Indians boat will wait for us at the river and take us to the village, This tour includes a presentation about the village and the tribe, a walking tour to learn about the plants and trees used by the tribe for medicinal/ other purposes, a presentation of tribal traditional music and dances, Should bring Kosher food with you, Tropical fruits meal will be given, in the village you will also find local artisan traditional Embera handicraft for sale.
Price for 2 people: 320 USD
8. San-Blas Islands
The prefect islands for chilling out in the classic Caribbean scenery of sun, turquoise sea, white sand, coconut palms, hammocks and peace.
I will organize a perfect Island vacation of one or more days and ensure a good experience, advising, helping and coordinating everything for you so your San-Blas vacation will be hustle-free.
One day tour description:
- Passports for all participants are a must on this tour, You can not enter the San-Blas semi-autonomous indian area (Comarca of the Guna people) without a Passport.
- The transport (4×4 6 passengers Vehicle/ boat) is shared. On the island you are free to roam and be with your own group.
- The tour includes a boat tour from “your” island to a neigboring area & another island.
- Snorkel equipment is available
- If you keep Kosher please bring Kosher food with you, you can buy water or coconut on the island so bring extra cash. Non-kosher meals can be arranged on the island.
- Bring enough water for the whole day, Meals and water are not included in price.
You will be picked up from your hotel early morning 5 – 5:30am (This tour start time can not be changed, you will receive a Whatsapp message with more precise pick up time the night before the tour). The San Blas Carribean little port is a 2.5 – 3 hours ride from the city with a 4×4 vehicle. 6 seats in the vehicle (you can buy the extra seats if you want to have a private ride with no other general tourists, $20 per seat per ride).
As you arrive the port – the driver will indicate the boat that will take you to the island, at the boat you will meet the group’s english speaking guide.
The Guna indians are incharge of all tourism activities in the islands.
Back at the hotel in the city at about 7 pm.
One day Tour price per adult: $170
9. Jewish Tour – Panama’s Jewish community and synagogues
In this interesting tour you’ll get to know the Jewish community of Panama, its synagogues (entering the shuls needs to be pre-coordinated), its people, its history and heritage. You will visit the neighborhoods where most of the Jewish community lives and several landmarks of the community. If hungry then a visit to a Kosher pizza place/bakery/pastry shop/restaurant/SuperMarket is recommended.
- Around 3 hours long tour.
- A Knowledgeable and nice tour guide from the community.
- Standalone or combined with tour #1 (City tour).
Price for 2 people: $200
10. Birding Tours
As well as a general guide, I am an expert birder and appreciate this beautiful hobby, I offer a variety of birding tours with the best Birding guides, the tours take place in different areas, Pipeline road (Soberania N.P.), San-Lorenzo, Blue Mountain, Campana national park, Anton valley and Metropolitan Park.
The guide will be equipped with a professional hi-quality birding spotting scope.
In Panama there are more than 1000 bird species recorded, among them 60 Hummingbird species as well as Toucans, Parrots, Trogons, Manakins, Tanagers Etc.
This tour is a fscinating one for birdwatchers or nature-lovers, in this tour we sometimes see other animals like monkeys, Coaties etc. early start is recommended.
Price: Varied according to location.
11. Personally tailored tour
The described tours are daily tours, I will also be glad to consult and arrange a custom-made tour for you, one day, a few days or weeks trip itinerary. Also tours for families that want to include children activities.
- For tour reviews see here: Reviews
Site of interest
The Bio-Diversity Museum (Biomuseo)
Located in Causeway and surrounded by a small but beautiful botanic garden, this renowned museum, designed by the architect Frank Gerry, is one of my favorite places in Panama City. The museum was inaugurated in October 2014.
Its angular colored roofs can be seen from a distance. On the cafeteria terrace you can enjoy the breeze and watch the ships coming in and out of the Panama Canal.
The museum tells the story of the abundance of life in the local nature and the natural history of Panama as a bridge between South and North America, and the history of human settlement from the Pre-Columbian period through the colonial period to the present day.
The museum is surrounded by a beautiful and romantic botanical garden that is getting better every year with tropical vegetation, the entrance to the garden from the promenade is free.
About 300! butterfly species have been registered in the garden so far and among the birds of the place one can see several species of hummingbirds.
For more information about the museum see here: http://www.biomuseopanama.org/en