- The tours are private, just for you, and include transport from/to hotel, a courteous professional English speaking guide, with the flexibility to change the itinerary/ hours upon request (depends on tour characteristics), free & personal tours planning consultancy.
- I can arrange and coordinate kosher catering for groups.
- The starting point of the tours is usually Panama City but can be somewhere else upon request (Airport/ Cruise-Ship port/Beach Resort etc.). All tours include transport from/to the hotel.
- Noted prices are for a couple (2 people), For a bigger group – please inform number of people + ages for a quote.
- I always recommend bringing a personal water bottle, walking shoes & a hat.
- Tour fee includes all tour expenses and third party costs unless detailed otherwise in the tour description. Tour fee does not include lunch. We can stop at a local restaurant. There are many kosher restaurants in the city.
- Tours end at mid-late afternoon hours (depends on tour).
- For a bigger group we will have a van, a minibus or a bus with a driver.
- From December to February and on holidays there might be an option for a discounted joint (Shared, Jewish, US) tours, excellent prices! – let me know if you are interested.
- Discounts for groups and big families
- I can recommend KOSHER takeaway options to the trip, SHEVET AHIM certification catering, Chalavi or Parve, Chalav Stam or Chalav Israel.
Alon Levi – Professional Tours provider in Panama.
Call/WhatsApp (Preferred contact method): +972526077422
Panama number (WhatsApp only): +50766831663
1. City Tour – The best of the city and the canal
It is the best tour to get to know the Canal and the city, the fascinating history of Panama, the iconic places of the city and some hidden lovely spots.
The Panama canal – one of the world’s biggest engineering projects, impressive to see, a must-do in your visit to Panama, on this tour we will discover the beauty and wonder that can be found in this lovely spot on earth called Panama City, its mosaic of contrasts between old colonial and super modern, rich and poor, concrete and bursting greenery, we will try local food and hear about its daily life and its surprising history which is an important part of the history of this continent.
– Hotel pic-up Ideal time 7:45am (flexible).
– Panama Canal Miraflores visitor center
– We will cross the canal on the Bridge of las Americas
– Causeway promenade & Islands (Calzada de Amador)
– The beautiful botanic garden on causeway promenade
– Lunch time (optional)
– The old city (Casco Antiguo) walking tour
- Duration of the tour: 5 to 6 hours
- Tour itinerary is flexible, for any special request or questions feel free to send me a message.
- Price includes transport+guiding+entry to Miraflores canal visitor center
- Tour price does not include Lunch, we will stop at a good restaurant for lunch.
- Feel free to send me a message with any question or request for a new quotation if you are a group that requires a bigger vehicle.
Price for 2 people: 260 USD
2. Soberania N.P. Canal Jungle Boat, Monkey Island and a Jungle walk.
Recommended Pic up time 08:00 am (flexible, the earlier the better), driving to Soberania National Park (40 minutes), the boat will wait for us on the Chagres river, The tour includes: wildlife & several monkey species sightseeing from the boat in the N.P. Jungle lagoons, cruise on the canal of Panama next to the giant ships then we will continue driving to the pipeline trail crossing the Jungle and have a nice walk looking for exotic animals and birds.
Price for 2 people: 280 USD
Optional added activities on this tour (with additional cost):
- Visit the Rain Forest Discovery center – a nearby privately managed rain forest area with comfortable hiking trails and a 35 meter canopy observation tower, Several stunning hummingbird species could be seen in the feeders, the area is excellent for birdwatchers and nature lovers ($20 per person).
- Fishing from the boat in the flooded Jungle lagoons, includes fishing gear and bait, its easy catching fish there, Peacock Bass are abundant.
3. Zip Line above lake Gatun
Recommended Pic up time 08:00 am (flexible), drive to one of the best and longest Zip-Line courses in Panama on the shore of Gatun lake, 2.5 Kilometer, All double – lined (provides extra safety), includes five lines, 750 meter long cable above the water of Gatun lake, high safety standards, quality equipment, prior briefing and excellent zip-line guides.
Price does not include Zipline activity – $50 per person paid in site.
Tour length (Basic version – just zipline): 4 hours.
Included: Transport from/to hotel, English speaking guide will translate zipline briefing.
- Can add other sites in the area described in Tour#6 with extra cost.
Price for 2 people: 260USD
4. Portobelo, Caribbean beaches, Coral Reef snorkeling and Colonial Forts on the Caribbean Shore of Panama
Recommended Pic up time 08:00 am (flexible, the earlier the better) drive to the Caribbean side of Panama, to the picturesque town of Portobelo, Snorkel & mask can be hired there – not included in tour price, $5 per person. The boat will cross Portobelo bay and take you to a tranquil sandy beach surrounded by jungle where you can practice the Snorkel gear, from there you can continue to a spectacular reef and watch the colorful fish. If you want to explore more, You can pay the boat guy an extra $5 per person (from 8 y.o) and he will take you to further beautiful mangrove and sandy beaches that might offer more privacy.
Portobelo – Christopher Columbus gave this bay its name as he admired its beauty in his last voyage to America back in 1502, in Portobelo town we can visit the old custom house and its museum as well as San Geronimo colonial Fort – a UNESCO world heritage site, the tour ends at about 3:30pm.
Price for 2 people: 300 USD
5. Anton Valley
A charming mountain town surrounded by nature and waterfalls.
Recommended Pick up time 08:00 am (flexible), we will leave the city and drive west along the Pacific shore then climb the mountains of Cocle up to 800 meters above sea level to the lovely town of El Valle, The drive takes about 2.5 hours (each way). In the refreshing scenery of this mountain town we will visit beautiful jungle pools and waterfall, ancient pre-Clumbian petroglyphs, the local colorful market and (one of the following options) the El-Nispero Zoo/ Rare orchids farm/ The square trees forest walk/ Hot springs.
- Duration of the tour: 8 to 9 hours.
Price for 2 people: 300 USD
- For good walkers, a 4 hours hike through the forest to the top of the sleeping Indian woman ridge, rewarded by the spectacular views of the valley from the hill top. Another possible less strenuous hike is the “Square trees hike” – a nice relaxed 40 minutes hike in a beautiful forest near the town.
- Exotic butterflies house ($7 per person)
- Horse Tours $40/$50 per person.
6. Caribbean charm – Tour to San Lorenzo Fort, Agua Clara canal visitor center and Gatun dam
Recommended Pic up time 8am (flexible), we will leave the city and cross the isthmus of Panama to the Caribbean side to Agua Clara visitor center to watch the giant ships in the new locks and learn about the colossal construction project of the canal Expansion, then continue through the jungle to San-Lorenzo colonial spanish fort on a hill on the shore of the Caribbean, a historic place on the edge of the jungle that saw many pirates attacks, on the way back we will visit the Gatun Dam, then back to the city.
Price for 2 people: 300 USD
7. Embera village visit
The Embera tribe is one of seven native tribes that still exist in Panama.
Recommended Pic up time 08:00 am (flexible), The village is located about an hour drive from the city on the bank of the Chagres river inside Chagres National Park (that was declared after the indians inhabited the area). The only access to the village is by boat, the Indians boat will wait for us at the river and take us to the village, This tour includes a visit to a charming waterfall in the forest with a natural big pool where you can swim (so bring all that you need for a dip in the pool), there is a short 15 minutes hike to get to the waterfall, the hike includes walking in water so bring sandals or water shoes. At the village you’ll have a presentation about the village and the tribe and an introduction to the Embera’s traditional music and dances, Should bring Kosher food with you, Tropical fruits meal will be given, in the village you will also find traditional Embera handicrafts for sale by the village artisans.
Price for 2 people: 320 USD
8. San-Blas Islands
The prefect islands for chilling out in the classic Caribbean scenery of sun, turquoise sea, white sand, coconut palms, hammocks and peace.
I will organize a perfect Island vacation of one or more days and ensure a good experience, advising, helping and coordinating everything for you so your San-Blas vacation will be hustle-free.
One day tour description:
- This tour is NOT PRIVATE. It is a shared tour with other general tourists, a private tour is possible but much more expensive.
- Passports for all participants are a must on this tour, You can not enter the San-Blas semi-autonomous indian area (Comarca of the Guna people) without a Passport.
- This tour might feature a bumpy vehicle and motor-boat rides, If you are pregnant or having back issues it might not be for you.
- I recommend seating at the back of the boat, not in the middle or front since the boat ride can be bumpy if sea is wavy.
- The transport (4×4 6 passengers Vehicle & motor boat) is shared. The driver is not English speaking and is not a tour guide and will not guide you along the way. On the island you are free to roam and be with your own group.
- The tour includes a boat tour from “your” island to a neigboring area & another island.
- Snorkel equipment is available
- If you keep Kosher please bring Kosher food with you, you can buy water or coconut on the island so bring extra cash. Non-kosher meals can be arranged on the island.
- This San blas daypass is a beach vacation day, it does not include a Tour guide that will explain about all what you see, it does include an English speaking Chaperone for your group on the boat and island.
- Bring enough water for the whole day, Meals and water are not included in price.
You will be picked up from your hotel early morning 5 – 5:30am (This tour start time can not be changed, you will receive a Whatsapp message with more precise pick up time the night before the tour). The San Blas Carribean little port is approx. 3 hours ride from the city with a 4×4 vehicle. 6 seats in the vehicle (you can buy the extra seats if you want to have a private ride with no other general tourists, $20 per seat per ride).
As you arrive the little port – the driver will indicate the boat that will take you to the island, at the boat you will meet the group’s English speaking chaperone that will attend your group.
The San blas islands are a semi-autonomous area (Comarca) of the Guna indians, they are the only ones permitted to provide tourism services in the islands , they have a different culture and a relaxed pace of life.
You’ll be back at the hotel in the city at about 7 pm.
One day Tour price per adult: $170
9. Jewish Tour – Panama’s Jewish community and synagogues
In this interesting tour you’ll get to know the Jewish community of Panama, we enter several shuls (entering the shuls needs to be pre-coordinated, I will send you all the info), and learn about the community, its people, its history and heritage. You will visit the neighborhoods where most of the Jewish community lives and several landmarks of the community.
- Flexible tour time, morning or afternoon.
- A Knowledgeable and nice tour guide from the community.
- This tour can be done on the same day with Tour #1 (City tour).
Price for 2 people: $220
10. Pineapple and tropical fruits farm tour
On this interesting tour you will get to visit a pineapple farm and learn about this delicious fruit common in Panama’s markets all year long and see other exotic tropical fruit trees in their natural settings, Panama’s pineapples are considered among the tastiest in the world and are exported to many countries, the farm is located in a rural area west of the capital Panama City. Of course you will get to eat a fresh pineapple straight from the plant.
- Duration of the tour: 4 to 5 hours.
- This tour can be done in the morning or afternoon.
Price for 2 people: $340
11. Birding Tours
As well as a general guide, I am an expert birder and appreciate this beautiful hobby, I offer a variety of birding tours with the best Birding guides, the tours take place in different areas, Pipeline road (Soberania N.P.), San-Lorenzo, Blue Mountain, Campana national park, Anton valley and Metropolitan Park.
The guide will be equipped with a professional hi-quality birding spotting scope.
In Panama there are more than 1000 bird species recorded, among them 60 Hummingbird species as well as Toucans, Parrots, Trogons, Manakins, Tanagers Etc.
This tour is a fscinating one for birdwatchers or nature-lovers, in this tour we sometimes see other animals like monkeys, Coaties etc. early start is recommended.
Price: Varied according to location.
12. Personally tailored tour
The described tours are daily tours, I will also be glad to consult and arrange a custom-made tour for you, one day, a few days or weeks trip itinerary. Also tours for families that want to include children activities.
- For tour reviews see here: Reviews
Site of interest
The Bio-Diversity Museum (Biomuseo)
Located in Causeway and surrounded by a small but beautiful botanic garden, this renowned museum, designed by the architect Frank Gerry, is one of my favorite places in Panama City. The museum was inaugurated in October 2014.
Its angular colored roofs can be seen from a distance. On the cafeteria terrace you can enjoy the breeze and watch the ships coming in and out of the Panama Canal.
The museum tells the story of the abundance of life in the local nature and the natural history of Panama as a bridge between South and North America, and the history of human settlement from the Pre-Columbian period through the colonial period to the present day.
The museum is surrounded by a beautiful and romantic botanical garden that is getting better every year with tropical vegetation, the entrance to the garden from the promenade is free.
About 300! butterfly species have been registered in the garden so far and among the birds of the place one can see several species of hummingbirds.
For more information about the museum see here: http://www.biomuseopanama.org/en